Download or stream: Sand Point City Council Meeting from Oct. 14th, 2014
Stream it (HTML5):
Talent Contest Coming Soon!
Lots of Fun
Talent Sharing For All Ages
Hosted By Close Up
November 11, 2014 – 7-9:00 p.m.
Sand Point School Gym
$20 Entrance Fee
Fun and/or Serious Performances Encouraged (All age appropriate content only please!)
Dancing, Singing, Short Skits, Lip Sync, Bands, Solos, and other Creative Performances Encouraged
– GOA Trawl Bycatch Management Moves Forward for Analysis
By Ernie Weiss, AEB Natural Resources Director
– AEB Fishermen’s Meeting to be held Nov. 19 th at Seattle’s Silver Cloud Hotel
Browse previous issues at the borough’s site:
Download the FINAL 2014 regular election results from the City of Sand Point.
2014 General Election Final Results
Here are the preliminary results from the AEB:
Aleutians East Borough
October 7, 2014
Regular Election Preliminary Results
ALEUTIANS EAST BOROUGH MAYOR Final. 3 absentee and 6 question ballots will not change the results.
STANLEY H. MACK 275
ALVIN D. OSTERBACK 233
WRITE INS 1
ALEUTIANS EAST BOROUGH ASSEMBLY Final. 3 absentee and 6 question ballots will not change the results.
WARREN WILSON 437
WRITE INS 18
SEAT F 3 ABSENTEE BALLOTS NEED TO BE COUNTED AND THE 6 QUESTION BALLOTS NEED TO BE VERIFIED PRIOR TO DETERMINING THE WINNER OF THIS SEAT.
KEN MCHUGH 240
WILLIAM DUSHKIN, SR. 236
WRITE INS 8
ALEUTIANS EAST BOROUGH SCHOOL BOARD Final. 3 absentee and 6 question ballots will not change the results.
HILLARY SMITH 441
WRITE INS 7
SEAT D Final. 3 absentee and 6 question ballots will not change the results.
ARLENE GUNDERSEN 293
NANETTE JOHNSON 169
WRITE INS 10
THE CANVASS COMMITTEE MET AND COUNTED THE ABSENTEE AND QUESTION BALLOTS ON HAND AND ABOVE ARE THE RESULTS OF THAT COUNT. HOWEVER, AKUTAN AND KING COVE ELECTION MATERIAL HAS NOT ARRIVED YET DUE TO WEATHER AND THERE ARE 3 ABSENTEE BALLOTS TO BE COUNTED AND 6 QUESTIONS BALLOTS TO BE CONSIDERED.
THE CANVASS COMMITTEE WILL MEET AGAIN AFTER THE ARRIVAL OF ELECTION MATERIAL FROM KING COVE AND AKUTAN.
THE PUBLIC WILL BE WELCOME TO ATTEND.
Text courtesy Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association, Inc.:
To purchase this book online, go to our store: https://www.apiai.org/product/traditional-foods-recipes/
Qaqamiig^ux^ is a compilation of the stories, experiences, recipes, and wisdom shared by elders, food preparers, and hunters from the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Region of Alaska about the use of traditional / local foods, from the land and sea. Literally translated, qaqamiigux means to hunt or fish for food and collect plants, or subsistence, in Unangam tunuu (M. Dirks, 2014). This book is a cultural, historical, and nutritional tribute to the traditional foods from the region.
Some of the highlights of this book include:
– hundreds of words in Unangam tunuu
– traditional values and stories
– historic and contemporary information on harvesting, preserving, and preparing traditional foods
– beautiful historic photos from collections worldwide
hundreds of recipes
– nutrition information for every traditional food, when available, including colorful graphics highlighting the nutritional value in comparison to store-bought foods
– information on the role traditional foods play in the prevention of dietary-related diseases
Author: Suanne Unger
Publisher: Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association, Inc.
This Item can also be purchased from Amazon as an eBook, Follow the link below to be taken to the Amazon web site.
Haunted House – Friday and Saturday Night At the School on October
24th and 25th
This meeting will be broadcast live on KSDP.
Job opportunity – Anchor Inn Lounge – Part Time/ On Call Bartender
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Bartenders operational functions will include bartending, handling of monies, work well with public, reliable, organized all under the direction of the Head Bartender / Manager.
Download Eastern Aleutian Tribes’ Update to Communities for March, 2014 (pdf). Courtesy of Jennifer Harrison, Executive Director for EAT.
o Upcoming RASU Village Visits:
o Village Docs
– False Pass/Nelson Lagoon: Dr. Elison on May 19-27th
– King Cove: Dr. Sanders on June 2-4th
– Cold Bay: Dr. Sanders on June 5-6th
– Sand Point: Dr. Hartman on June 8-12th
– False Pass: Dr. Leoncio on June 8-10th
– Nelson Lagoon: Dr. Leoncio on June 11-13th
– False Pass: Nazly Mofidi on April 21-25th
– King Cove: Grant Humphreys on May 19-23rd (need to double check)
o SCF Dental
o Sand Point: Dr. Lukes on April 28-May 9th
o Upcoming EAT Dentist/DHAT Village Visits:
• Dentist – Sand Point: March 14 – 28th
• DHAT – Akutan: May
• Dentist – Sand Point: May 19-28th
o Upcoming Emergency Management Services Classes:
• ETT – Adak: April 19-26th
o Upcoming Diabetes Clinic:
• Sand Point: April 14, 2014
Stream it (HTML5):
KSDP’s AM transmitter is back on-air. Tune in to 830 on your AM dial!
The low-voltage power supply for KSDP’s AM transmitter is not working.
We are awaiting a replacement from the manufacturer.
The part should hopefully arrive today (Monday).
In the meantime, tune in on-line at http://apradio.org or on 88.1fm in King Cove!