Attention waterfowl hunters: for the first time in 30 years, Alaska residents have the opportunity to harvest an Emperor Goose this fall. To participate in this hunt, you must obtain a registration permit, available online at the Alaska Department of Fish and Game website, at a Fish and Game office, or from a local permit vendor. Emperor goose hunts are available for 7 different areas, each with their own registration permit, so be sure to obtain the correct permit for your area. The bag limit is 1 Emperor Goose per hunter this fall, and all hunts are subject to closure by emergency order once harvest quotas have been met. Successful hunters must report their harvest within 72 hours, either online at the Fish and Game website or by phone at 1-800-478-SHOT. Sponsored by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game and this station.
The Aleutians East Borough invites you to attend a public meeting to share your thoughts and ideas on your communities wants and needs and how the Borough and communities can work together to reach common goals. For more information contact: Anne Bailey or Mary Tesche at (907) 274‐7555.
City of Cold Bay – October 16, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. – Cold Bay Community Center
City of False Pass – October 17, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. – Larsen Center
City of Nelson Lagoon – October 17, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. – Community Center
City of King Cove – October 17, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. – Alex & Mattie Samuelson Office
City of Akutan – October 24, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. – Akutan Tribal Office
City of Sand Point – October 24, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. – City Chambers
Download KSDP’s recording of the Sand Point City Council meeting from 10/10/2017 (MP3, 20MB)
SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA (PDF, 152K)
CITY CHAMBERS – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
CERTIFICATION OF ELECTION/OATH OF OFFICE
Download Sand Point School’s Friday Flyer for 9.29.17 (PDF)
Come early to the Talent Show!
Pre-Show Dinner October 10th at 5:30 PM. Hamburger Plate $10! *Money raised will help support the Sand Point Scholarship Fund offering scholarships for college to our graduating seniors.
Sand Point School Talent Show And Bake Sale
Tuesday, October 10th at 6:00 – 7:30pm. Tickets will be on sale at the door. Cost: $5.00 Adults – $2.00 Children
Close Up 2018 will be having a bake sale on October 7th at the AC store starting at noon. Please come by for some treats! :)
Library Schedule = Monday – Saturday 6:00-8:30 PM – Closed on Sunday
Mon, Tue, Thur,Sat:
6:30-8:00 Tiny Tots
Closed Friday & Sunday
9:00-10:00 AM Water Aerobics
Mon, Wed, Friday
5:30-6:30 PM Water Aerobics
Tues, Thurs, Sat
5:30-6:30 PM Family Swim
6:30-7:30 PM Open Swim
KSDP sat down with the Mayoral Candidates for the Aleutians East Borough & asked them the following questions.
1. What made you decide to run for Mayor?
2. What is the greatest need you see in the Borough?
3. If elected as Mayor, how would you help prepare the Borough for the future?
4. What issue do you believe isn’t being given enough attention by the Borough?
5. We’re facing a shrinking school district in the Borough coupled with a reduced State capital budget for facilities upgrades & maintenance. As Mayor, what approach would you take to help the district maintain the best educational environment possible under these circumstances?
Download Stanley Mack’s interview (MP3, 4MB).
Download Alvin Osterback Sr.’s interview (MP3, 3MB).
Download the Friday Flyer for April 7th, 2017 from Sand Point School (1.25MB PDF)
SAT OFFERS TWO SPRING TEST DATES
If you are interested in taking the SAT, there are two spring dates available:
May 6th and June 3rd.
You can register online by establishing a Collegeboard.com account. You may be eligible for a fee waiver as well. Please feel free to contact Jerri Nyberg at Sand Point School if you would like further information.
SENIOR CLASS BAKE SALE!
The Class of 2017 will be holding a bake sale at the AC Store from 11-2 on Sunday, April 9th. This will be the final fundraiser for our seniors, so please come up to the store and support our students. Thank you, from Dantezza, Abe, Josh B, Josh S, Jonathan, Madison, and Michael. Oreos, cakes, pies, easter bread, and more!
NO Boys / Girls Club
On April 11, 12 & 13th. Sorry for the inconvenience. Elizabeth P.
Last Day of School
41 Days Away!
Lt. Governor Byron Mallott said because the legislature didn’t reach a fiscal solution in 2015 and 2016, Alaska is going backwards while the rest of the world is advancing.
Download “In the Loop” for April 6th, 2017 courtesy of the Aleutians East Borough (PDF).
– Highlights from the 2017 Southwest Alaska Municipal Conference
– Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott: Demand a Finalized Fiscal Budget for Alaska
– Legislators Discuss Alaska’s Budget Crisis
– ADF&G Commissioner Sam Cotten Updates SWAMC on Fisheries
– Panel Members Share Perspectives on Threats and Opportunities to the Alaska Seafood Industry
– Founder & Publisher of SeafoodNews.com Presents a Global Perspective on Fisheries
– Rural Justice: New Approaches to Keeping Us Safe
– Opioid Epidemic and Understanding the Disease
– Candace Nielsen Elected to SWAMC Board
– Public Notice – Intent to File an Application with the USDA, Rural Development.
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report March 2017
Download the Sand Point City Council Meeting Agenda & Packet for April 11th, 2017 (PDF)
SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Minutes: Minutes of Regular Meeting on March 14, 2017
1. Finance Officer
3. DPS Director
4. Fire Chief
5. Public Works Director
6. Harbor Master
7. Student Representative
HEARINGS, ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS:
1. Mayor’s Proclamation: Sand Point Lady Eagles Day April 14, 2017
1. FY16 Audit Results
2. Alaska USA CD Maturity
THERE IS A WORKSHOP FOR THIS MEETING AT 2 P.M. – SAME DAY IN CITY CHAMBERS
Eastern Aleutian Tribes, Inc. in support of the Community of Sand Point and Sand Point EMS Presents:
Emergency Trauma Technician Training – 45 hour course
Start Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 9:00am
Class Days: Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 am to as late as 6:30pm; April 29, 2017 through May 14, 2017
Test Date: May 14, 2017
Location: Sand Point Clinic, Conference Room
Instructor: Susan Davis, 907-903-0255
Registration/questions: Susand@eatribes.net or Denise Mobeck, email@example.com at 383-3700
Some course topics: Basic Life Support, EMS Systems, Legal and Ethical Issues, Resuscitations Shock, Medical and Trauma Emergencies
Sand Point Lady Eagles guard Justina Porcincula (#23) gets ready to pass the ball during game #3 against Tri-Valley.
Download “In The Loop” from Aleutians East Borough from March 31, 2017 (PDF)
– Sand Point Lady Eagles Compete in First State Championship in 20 Years
– King Cove Rookies Put on Big Performance at 1A Basketball State Championships
– T-Jacks Win Three out of Four Games at the 1A State Championship Games
Download Sand Point School’s Friday Flyer from 3/31/17 (PDF, 1.5MB)
TALENT SHOW COMING NEXT FRIDAY!
The Talent Show to be held on Friday, April 7th will feature 10 acts, and an intermission with a plate treat bake sale. There will be a grand finale you don’t want to miss! An evening of fun for only $5.00! Money will be collected at the door. All proceeds will benefit the Class of 2022! See you there! FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH @ 6:30