Lt. Governor Byron Mallott said because the legislature didn’t reach a fiscal solution in 2015 and 2016, Alaska is going backwards while the rest of the world is advancing.
Download “In the Loop” for April 6th, 2017 courtesy of the Aleutians East Borough (PDF).
– Highlights from the 2017 Southwest Alaska Municipal Conference
– Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott: Demand a Finalized Fiscal Budget for Alaska
– Legislators Discuss Alaska’s Budget Crisis
– ADF&G Commissioner Sam Cotten Updates SWAMC on Fisheries
– Panel Members Share Perspectives on Threats and Opportunities to the Alaska Seafood Industry
– Founder & Publisher of SeafoodNews.com Presents a Global Perspective on Fisheries
– Rural Justice: New Approaches to Keeping Us Safe
– Opioid Epidemic and Understanding the Disease
– Candace Nielsen Elected to SWAMC Board
– Public Notice – Intent to File an Application with the USDA, Rural Development.
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report March 2017
Download the Sand Point City Council Meeting Agenda & Packet for April 11th, 2017 (PDF)
SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Minutes: Minutes of Regular Meeting on March 14, 2017
1. Finance Officer
3. DPS Director
4. Fire Chief
5. Public Works Director
6. Harbor Master
7. Student Representative
HEARINGS, ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS:
1. Mayor’s Proclamation: Sand Point Lady Eagles Day April 14, 2017
1. FY16 Audit Results
2. Alaska USA CD Maturity
THERE IS A WORKSHOP FOR THIS MEETING AT 2 P.M. – SAME DAY IN CITY CHAMBERS
Eastern Aleutian Tribes, Inc. in support of the Community of Sand Point and Sand Point EMS Presents:
Emergency Trauma Technician Training – 45 hour course
Start Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 9:00am
Class Days: Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 am to as late as 6:30pm; April 29, 2017 through May 14, 2017
Test Date: May 14, 2017
Location: Sand Point Clinic, Conference Room
Instructor: Susan Davis, 907-903-0255
Registration/questions: Susand@eatribes.net or Denise Mobeck, firstname.lastname@example.org at 383-3700
Some course topics: Basic Life Support, EMS Systems, Legal and Ethical Issues, Resuscitations Shock, Medical and Trauma Emergencies
Sand Point Lady Eagles guard Justina Porcincula (#23) gets ready to pass the ball during game #3 against Tri-Valley.
Download “In The Loop” from Aleutians East Borough from March 31, 2017 (PDF)
– Sand Point Lady Eagles Compete in First State Championship in 20 Years
– King Cove Rookies Put on Big Performance at 1A Basketball State Championships
– T-Jacks Win Three out of Four Games at the 1A State Championship Games
Download Sand Point School’s Friday Flyer from 3/31/17 (PDF, 1.5MB)
TALENT SHOW COMING NEXT FRIDAY!
The Talent Show to be held on Friday, April 7th will feature 10 acts, and an intermission with a plate treat bake sale. There will be a grand finale you don’t want to miss! An evening of fun for only $5.00! Money will be collected at the door. All proceeds will benefit the Class of 2022! See you there! FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH @ 6:30
Download Sand Point School’s “Friday Flyer” for March 24th, 2017 (PDF)
Sand Point Theater Department is proud to present:
“Once Upon A Crime; The Trial Of Goldilocks”
6pm on Friday, March 31 at the Sand Point School. Tickets are on sale for $20 Single or $35 a couple. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy a night out! Tickets are limited, be sure to purchase them soon.
KSDP will have live coverage of the Sand Point Lady Eagles at 11AM today.
KYUK will have live coverage of the King Cove T-Jacks at 11AM.
Download the Friday Flyer Template from 3.17.17 (PDF)
Please join the Sand Point School ballet dancers for a Ballet Tea at the school Saturday, March 25th at 3:00 pm. There will be light refreshments and a short performance.
Native Youth Olympics Practice
4:30 Mon-Fri until the play is out! Top 2 athletes qualify for State Competition at the end of April
2017 Yearbook On Sale Now!
It’s time to secure your yearbook for delivery in May of 2017. We will have a traditional signing party to celebrate. Contact us if you’d like to purchase a dedicated space in which to put an ad or other personalized article The cost is $50 a page, as space is limited.