The Qagan Tayagungin Tribe Environmental Department is holding an Earth Day Poster Contest for the 8th Annual Earth Day Fair
All local artists are invited to participate.
2015 Poster Contest Guidelines:
* All entries must be on white letter sized paper (8.5″ x 11″)
* All posters must include the national Earth Day Theme: “It’s Our Turn To Lead”
* All entries must be submitted by 5 PM on Friday, March 6, 2015.
The International Pacific Halibut Commission (IPHC) completed its Ninety-first Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC on January 30, 2015. More than 250 halibut industry stakeholders attended the meeting, with over 75 more participating in web broadcasts of the public sessions.
The Commission is recommending to the governments of Canada and the United States catch limits for 2015 totaling 29,223,000 pounds, displayed in the following table by regulatory area.
Some headlines from this issue:
– NOAA Determines Nomination of Aleutian Islands as a National Marine Sanctuary is ‘Insufficient’
– Gov. Walker Announces Three Commissioner Appointments; Names Cotten as ADF&G Commissioner
– BPS Debuts Processing of P. Cod During Winter Fishery this Month
– Greenhouse Project Launched in Nelson Lagoon
– MUCH MORE!
2015 Tax Season
The Alaska Business Development Center’s Volunteer Tax and Loan Program celebrates 20 years of providing free tax return preparation and taxpayer education throughout rural Alaska. During 2015, teams will travel directly to seventy communities and assist an additional fifty through the Anchorage Mail-in Site.
Mark your calendar for the following travel dates. King Cove: February 27-March 1
For more information on services or to verify if your community is eligible to receive assistance contact ABDC at 1 (907) 562-0335 or visit ABDC’s website at www.abdc.org.
Like the Volunteer Tax and Loan Program on Facebook.
o False Pass: February 23-27 th (community potluck on February 26 th at 6:00pm)
o Cold Bay: February 27-28 th (community potluck on February 27 th )
o Dental Services
• King Cove: January 20 – February 6 th (Dr. Costa)
• Adak: January 19 – 22 nd (Ben, DHAT)
• King Cove: January 23 – February 6 th (Ben, DHAT)
• Sand Point: January 28 – February 6 th (Dr. Popescu, SCF)
• False Pass: February 2 – 13 th (Dr. Costa and Ben, DHAT)
• King Cove: February 17 – 20 th (Dr. Costa)
• Sand Point: February 23 – March 6 th (Dr. Costa)