On either Thursday or Friday (January 19 or 20, 2012) KSDP will be temporarily down in order to allow for scheduled maintenance of our transmitter. The window for this black out will be from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
CITY OF SAND POINT
Mayor Martin Gundersen – Office Exp. 2014
Dennis McGlashan Jr. Seat A – Exp. 2013
Allan Starnes Seat B – Exp. 2014
Shirley Brown Seat C – Exp. 2013
Jack Foster Jr. Seat D – Exp. 2014
Marita Gundersen Seat E – Exp. 2012
Karen Johansen Seat F – Exp. 2012
SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA CITY CHAMBERS
Regular Meeting Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Minutes: Minutes of Regular Meeting on December 13, 2011
1. Finance Officer
3. DPS Director
4. Public Works Director
5. Harbor Master
6. Fire Chief
HEARINGS, ORDINANCES, AND RESOLUTIONS
1. Administrator Contract
2. Job Applicants
3. QTT Liquor License Application (Arch Rock Lounge)
EXECUTIVE SESSION: TDX
Aleutian Peninsula Broadcasting, Inc.
Meeting of Board of Directors
Sand Point School Library
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 5:30PM
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call
c. Approval of Agenda
d. Approval of Minutes
e. Report from General Manager
f. Old Business
- Swearing in of Board Members
g. New Business
- Resolution for language change of FY 12 State Grant
h. Public Comments and Discussion
i. Next Meeting
KSDP will be scheduling a tentative board meeting to be held on December 22, 2011. The purpose of this meeting will be to swear in new Board Directors as well as declare officers.
As always the public is welcome to join us and we look forward to seeing you there. Time and location TBA.
Board of Directors Meeting
KSDP Office, Sand Point City Building
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
I. Call to order
II. Roll call
III. Approval of agenda
IV. Approval of minutes
V. General Manager’s Report
VI. Old Business
a.) King Cove Project Update
VII. New business
a) Election of Officers
VIII. Public Comments and Discussion
IX. Next Meeting
Dear Board Members:
The last few weeks have been very exciting ones for KSDP. Let me share with you some of the more electrifying events that have occurred.
- As most of you know we held our annual board election last Thursday on the 22nd of September. There were 4 seats available and 7 people running. The race was very close on all ends, and we are able to announce that the new board of directors for the 2011-2012 session will be:
o Luke Meinert (3 year term)
o Dan Williams (2 year term)
o Jim Brown (2 year term)
o Marta Varga (1 year term)
Jack Foster will continue in his seat for another 2 years. Congratulations to everyone and thank you to all who ran. We at KSDP are looking forward to seeing the radio station advance to new levels this upcoming year. We also want to extend our sincerest thanks to Mary Olsen and Laura Clark Bean for being such excellent assets to our radio station over this last year. THANK YOU!
- On the week of the 14th I had the opportunity to fly out to Anchorage for a Fundraising and Development Conference that was put on by the APBC and Coast Alaska. The focus of the conference was how to improve your stations underwriting and membership departments. These are two areas that KSDP needs to give some much needed attention. Some key ideas that were taken away from the classes were: membership drives, creating value for our radio station, community involvement, and corporate relations. Much good came from this trip and I am very excited to discuss several of the ideas that came out of it with the board during our next meeting.
- The radio station needs to have a board meeting to welcome in the new members and discuss officer positions. It will be best to have this meeting sometime in the month of October so that it will qualify as occurring in the 2nd quarter. Please be in touch if there are times that do not work for you in October.
Aleutian Peninsula Broadcasting, Inc.
Title: Interim Board Member
Elected: Spring 2011
Term: 6 Months
Name: Matthew Bravo
Hometown: Sand Point
Joined KSDP: September 2013
Biography: Student at Sand Point High School. Graduates May 2014.