The KSDP Community Window keeps our listeners informed of upcoming events, announcements and birthday greetings. If you have something you’d like announced, let us know by calling 907.383.KSDP (5737), fax 907.383.5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Community Window airs Monday to Thursday at 10am and Monday to Friday at 3pm.
In This Issue:
Pre-Salmon Meeting with Lisa Fox Schedule for May 30, 2017
View and Download the Newest Edition Here!
In this issue:
– Gov. Walker and Lt. Gov. Address NPFMC
– Report on NPFMC April Meeting
– South AK Peninsula Tanner Crab Exploratory Survey
Get the scoop from the Aleutians Borough Here!
<a href=”http://apradio.org/mp3/2017-04-11-city-council.mp3″>Download the City Council Audio for April 11th, 2017 (mp3, 8.38 MB, 21.09 minutes)</a>
Stream it (HTML5):<audio src=”http://apradio.org/mp3/2017-04-11-city-council.mp3″ controls=”controls”></audio>
The AEBSD is having a workshop for policy revision. They are full day meetings on April 12 and 13th
Download the Friday Flyer for April 7th, 2017 from Sand Point School (1.25MB PDF)
SAT OFFERS TWO SPRING TEST DATES
If you are interested in taking the SAT, there are two spring dates available:
May 6th and June 3rd.
You can register online by establishing a Collegeboard.com account. You may be eligible for a fee waiver as well. Please feel free to contact Jerri Nyberg at Sand Point School if you would like further information.
SENIOR CLASS BAKE SALE!
The Class of 2017 will be holding a bake sale at the AC Store from 11-2 on Sunday, April 9th. This will be the final fundraiser for our seniors, so please come up to the store and support our students. Thank you, from Dantezza, Abe, Josh B, Josh S, Jonathan, Madison, and Michael. Oreos, cakes, pies, easter bread, and more!
NO Boys / Girls Club
On April 11, 12 & 13th. Sorry for the inconvenience. Elizabeth P.
Last Day of School
41 Days Away!
Lt. Governor Byron Mallott said because the legislature didn’t reach a fiscal solution in 2015 and 2016, Alaska is going backwards while the rest of the world is advancing.
Download “In the Loop” for April 6th, 2017 courtesy of the Aleutians East Borough (PDF).
– Highlights from the 2017 Southwest Alaska Municipal Conference
– Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott: Demand a Finalized Fiscal Budget for Alaska
– Legislators Discuss Alaska’s Budget Crisis
– ADF&G Commissioner Sam Cotten Updates SWAMC on Fisheries
– Panel Members Share Perspectives on Threats and Opportunities to the Alaska Seafood Industry
– Founder & Publisher of SeafoodNews.com Presents a Global Perspective on Fisheries
– Rural Justice: New Approaches to Keeping Us Safe
– Opioid Epidemic and Understanding the Disease
– Candace Nielsen Elected to SWAMC Board
– Public Notice – Intent to File an Application with the USDA, Rural Development.
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report March 2017