AEB Fishermen’s Meeting Teleconference
2017 State-Waters Pacific Cod Pre-season meeting
Wednesday March 1 • 2017 10AM
audio/participation to be available at the following sites: King Cove Harbor House, Sand Point AEB Borough, Anchorage AEB office & ADF&G Kodiak
Presenter: Nat Nichols, ADF&G Area Groundfish manager
Date: Thursday, February 9, 2017
Time – Workshop: 1:30 p.m. – Meeting: 3:00 p.m.
Location: By teleconference in each community location below: King Cove AEB office, False Pass-city office, Sand Point – AEB office, Akutan -city office, Cold Bay-city library, Nelson Lagoon Corp. office, & AEB Anchorage office (3380 C St.)
All communities will be provided with conference calling information for the designated location in your community. Public comments on agenda items will take place immediately after the adoption of the agenda. Additional public comments can be made at the end of the meeting.
ASSEMBLY MEETING AGENDA
1. Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum.
2. Adoption of the Agenda.
3. Community Roll Call and Public Comment on Agenda Items.
– January 12, 2017 Assembly Meeting Minutes.
5. Financial Reports.
– Financial Reports, January2016.
– Investment Report, December 2016.
6. Consent Agenda
– Resolution 17-15, FMA2, adopting an alternative allocation method for the FY17 Shared Fisheries Business Tax Program for FMA 2.
– Resolution 17-16, FMA3, adopting an alternative allocation method for the FY17 Shared Fisheries Business Tax Program for FMA 3.
– Resolution 17-19, A Resolution of the Aleutians East Borough Assembly in support of Congressional appropriation to address the 2016 fishery disaster determination by the Secretary of Commerce.
– Introduction Ordinance 17-04, Amending the Operating and Capital Budget for FY17.
– Resolution 17-17, A Resolution by the Aleutians East Borough Assembly authorizing the transfer of the Robert E. “Babe” Newman Harbor from the Aleutians East Borough to the City of King Cove.
– Resolution 17-18, A Resolution of the Aleutians East Borough authorizing the Borough Mayor to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with the City of King Cove for the King Cove Access Project.
9. Old Business. None
10. New Business None
11. Reports and Updates.
12. Assembly Comments.
13. Public Comments.
14. Next Meeting Date.
Coming soon to Sand Point…
Kenny Dobbs – the Dunk King Nike N7 Ambassador
Come enjoy a high flying dunk performance from the best slam dunk artist in the world and hear his inspiring story!
Date: Thursday, February 9th, 2017
Where: Sand Point School Gym (by VTC District wide)
FREE for all ages!
The City of False Pass is looking for interested parties to lease the Warehouse next to City Dock (Formerly Isanotski Grocery)
1,500 square feet warehouse, some parking is available, located across from the municipal dock in False Pass on Lot 2C, False Pass Plat .99-13
The City of False Pass is looking to lease the property or property interest to be used for Economic Development in False Pass and to increase local trade or industry, as per False Pa. Municipal Code
The Warehouse has an insured value of $200,000
Interested parties should contact the False Pass City ,907-548-2319 with a written proposal outlining the Economic Development project In False Pass, a proposed amount of rent, and the proposed length of lease.
Interested Parties proposals will be accepted until April 1, 2016 and decisions will be handed to the recipient April 20, 2016
– Cold Bay Residents Pull Together as they Respond to an Emergency Landing by Delta Airlines
– Motivational Storyteller, Leadership & Personal Development Expert Inspires Students Teachers in Sand Point
– SWAMC Economic Summit: A Networking Adventure
– New Employee Joins DOT Team in Cold Bay
Services for Anthony Wilson will be postponed till Sunday, January the 15th at 2pm. Services will be at the Sand Point Baptist Chapel with graveside services immediately following and a potluck afterwards at the QTT Rec Center