SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA (more…)
Art and Betty Torres will be out of town through the end of December 2017. The TDX office will be closed, but all payments can be made through TDX’s Anchorage office. Call the Sand Point office for all fuel deliveries as well!
Aleutians East Agenda Assembly Meeting
PDF: Agenda (110KB) – Agenda+Packet (3MB)
(packet available on website www.aleutianseast.org)
Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017
Meeting Time: 3:30 p.m. (no workshop)
Anchorage office building (3380 C St.) and by teleconference in each designated community location below:
King Cove AEB office
False Pass-city office
Sand Point – AEB office
Akutan -city office
Nelson Lagoon Corp.
Cold Bay Library
All communities will be provided with conference calling information for the designated location in your community. Public comments on agenda items will take place immediately after the adoption of the agenda. Additional public comments can be made at the end of the meeting.
ASSEMBLY MEETING AGENDA
1. Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum.
2. Adoption of the Agenda.
3. Swearing in newly appointed Assembly Member, Chris Emrich.
3. Community Roll Call and Public Comment on Agenda Items.
– November 9, 2017 Assembly Meeting Minutes.
5. Financial Reports.
– November, Financial Reports.
– October, Investment Report.
6. Consent Agenda.
– Resolution 18-13, authorizing the mayor to negotiate and execute a contract agreement with Hickey and Associates for lobbying/consulting services for 2018.
– Resolution 18-14, adopting an alternative allocation method for the FY18 Shared Fisheries Business Tax Program for FMA 2.
– Resolution 18-15, adopting an alternative allocation method for the FY18 Shared Fisheries Business Tax Program for FMA 3.
– Resolution 18-16, recognizing Ken McHugh for his years of service as an Assembly Member.
– Introduction Ordinance 18-02, adding new Chapter 2.18.010, Borough Administrator.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Welcome and Introduction
8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Communication Discussion
– GCI – Presenter: Dan Boyette, Vice President, Wireless Services
– TelAlaska – Presenter: Dave Goggins, President
9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Break
9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Fisheries Discussion
– Peter Pan Seafoods – Presenter: Dale Schwarzmiller, Vice President Alaska Production
– Trident Seafoods – Presenter: Joe Plesha, Chief Legal Officer or Stefanie Moreland, Director of Governmental Relations and Seafood Sustainability
– Aleutia – Presenter: Karen Montoya, Executive Director
10:30 a.m. – 11:15a.m. Transportation Discussion
– Pen Air – Presenter: Danny Seybert, CEO
– Grant Aviation – Presenter: Austin Engebretson, Vice President of Airline Operations
11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Break
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
– Aleutians East Borough School District Presentation – Presenter: Michael Seifert, Superintendent
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Presentation – Presenter: Jennifer Harrison, CEO
12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Lunch (provided)
12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Borough Financial Presentation
– Alaska Permanent Capital Management – Presenter: Blake Phillips, CFA
– Newhouse & Vogler – Presenter: Jim Newhouse, CPA, Manager
– State Budget Discussion – Presenter: Mark Hickey, Borough Lobbyist
1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Break
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Community Presentations
– Akutan – Presenter: Joe Bereskin, Mayor
– Cold Bay – Presenter: Dailey Schaack, Mayor
– False Pass – Presenter: Chris Emrich, Administrator/Clerk
3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Break
3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Community Presentations
– King Cove – Presenter: Dave Bash, Council Member
– Nelson Lagoon – Presenter: Samantha McNeley, Bookkeeper
– Sand Point – Presenter: Glen Gardner Jr, Mayor and Tiffany Jackson, Executive Director of the Qagan Tayagungin Tribe
Don’t forget! Most every office including the City, Clinic, TDX and Tribal Offices will be closed for the Thursday and Friday around Thanksgiving!
Please enjoy you time with family and giving thanks for this past year!
Download the audio: 7 MB, MP3
Aleutians East Borough School District
P.O. Box 429, Sand Point, Alaska 99661
Ph. 907-383- 5222 FAX 907-383- 3496
Serving the children in the Alaskan communities of: Akutan, False Pass, King Cove, and Sand Point
Michael Seifert, Superintendent
Aleutians East Borough School District
Special Meeting of the School Board – Tuesday, November 14, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
Regular Meeting will be held at the District Office – Video Conference at all School Sites
Special Meeting Agenda
I. Opening (more…)
Dr. Costa will be in Sand Point for much of November. If you need an appointment call the clinic at 383-3151!
Sand Point Scholarship Fund is raffling a brand new 4 wheeler!! Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at the Sand Point School!
TDX in Sand Point wants all utility users to be prepared for possible minor inconsistencies in electricity on Tuesday, October 31 as work is done to the windmill generators. Consider using surge protectors and turning off all computers before leaving work for the evening.
October 25, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Director
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, regular full-time position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Act as the Aleutians East Borough’s Maintenance
Director for the facilities within the Borough and is required to perform all of the major duties
outlined in the job description. These include but are not limited to: Responsible for the
maintenance and proper operation and care of Borough facilities and the regular inspections of
local facilities. The job description is available at www.aleutianseast.org.
DESIRED QUALITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: KNOWLEDGE OF school
facilities and mechanical systems. KNOWLEDGE OF furnaces, boilers, generators, fire control
systems, sprinkler systems, and locksmithing. CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN ABILITY: Can
supervise skilled and unskilled labor in the repair and/or replacement of facilities or broken
equipment, room additions, roof repair/replacement or siding repair/replacement. ORGANIZED
IN PURCHASE AND MANAGEMENT of building materials and maintenance supplies.
ABILITY to work independently with a minimum amount of direction.
HOURLY RATE: Depends on experience.
APPLICATIONS: Interested candidates should complete an Aleutians East Borough
Application for Employment (available at http://www.aleutianseast.org/index.asp?SEC=83961566-
8924-4BEF-A3A3-3C9FB14EC250&Type=B_BASIC and submit the application, a cover letter and
Assistant Borough Administrator
Aleutians East Borough
3380 C Street, Suite 205
Anchorage, AK 99503
Application packets may be hand-carried or mailed to above address, faxed to (907) 276-7569, or
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: Applications are due on November 8, 2017.
Note: Incomplete application packets will be summarily rejected
Current PSP Levels at the Spit Beach in Sand Point Alaska!
November 1, 2017
The Aleutians East Borough invites you to attend a public meeting to share your thoughts and ideas on the City of Sand Point’s wants and needs and how the Borough and City can work together to reach common goals.
The information gathered will be presented at the Aleutians East Borough Planning Work Session in Anchorage on December 13-15, 2017 and will be used to help finalize a Borough Strategic Plan.
For more information contact:
Anne Bailey or Mary Tesche
Anchorage Borough Office