The South Central Foundation Dentist will be in town on February 19th through March 3rd, 2018. If you want to be put on the list contact the Sand Point Clinic at (907)-383-5737!
This copy of In the Loop has updates from all regional organizations from the Aleutians East Borough Strategic Planning Session!
Download past agendas & packets here:
PDF (10.5MB): SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
CITY CHAMBERS – Regular Meeting for Tuesday, January 9, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Minutes: Minutes of Regular Meeting on December 12, 2017
The Sand Point Clinic will close at Noon on Friday, December 22, 2017.
They will re-open Tuesday, December 26 for normal business hours!
SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA (more…)
Art and Betty Torres will be out of town through the end of December 2017. The TDX office will be closed, but all payments can be made through TDX’s Anchorage office. Call the Sand Point office for all fuel deliveries as well!
Aleutians East Agenda Assembly Meeting
PDF: Agenda (110KB) – Agenda+Packet (3MB)
(packet available on website www.aleutianseast.org)
Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017
Meeting Time: 3:30 p.m. (no workshop)
Anchorage office building (3380 C St.) and by teleconference in each designated community location below:
King Cove AEB office
False Pass-city office
Sand Point – AEB office
Akutan -city office
Nelson Lagoon Corp.
Cold Bay Library
All communities will be provided with conference calling information for the designated location in your community. Public comments on agenda items will take place immediately after the adoption of the agenda. Additional public comments can be made at the end of the meeting.
ASSEMBLY MEETING AGENDA
1. Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum.
2. Adoption of the Agenda.
3. Swearing in newly appointed Assembly Member, Chris Emrich.
3. Community Roll Call and Public Comment on Agenda Items.
– November 9, 2017 Assembly Meeting Minutes.
5. Financial Reports.
– November, Financial Reports.
– October, Investment Report.
6. Consent Agenda.
– Resolution 18-13, authorizing the mayor to negotiate and execute a contract agreement with Hickey and Associates for lobbying/consulting services for 2018.
– Resolution 18-14, adopting an alternative allocation method for the FY18 Shared Fisheries Business Tax Program for FMA 2.
– Resolution 18-15, adopting an alternative allocation method for the FY18 Shared Fisheries Business Tax Program for FMA 3.
– Resolution 18-16, recognizing Ken McHugh for his years of service as an Assembly Member.
– Introduction Ordinance 18-02, adding new Chapter 2.18.010, Borough Administrator.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Welcome and Introduction
8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Communication Discussion
– GCI – Presenter: Dan Boyette, Vice President, Wireless Services
– TelAlaska – Presenter: Dave Goggins, President
9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Break
9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Fisheries Discussion
– Peter Pan Seafoods – Presenter: Dale Schwarzmiller, Vice President Alaska Production
– Trident Seafoods – Presenter: Joe Plesha, Chief Legal Officer or Stefanie Moreland, Director of Governmental Relations and Seafood Sustainability
– Aleutia – Presenter: Karen Montoya, Executive Director
10:30 a.m. – 11:15a.m. Transportation Discussion
– Pen Air – Presenter: Danny Seybert, CEO
– Grant Aviation – Presenter: Austin Engebretson, Vice President of Airline Operations
11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Break
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
– Aleutians East Borough School District Presentation – Presenter: Michael Seifert, Superintendent
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Presentation – Presenter: Jennifer Harrison, CEO
12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Lunch (provided)
12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Borough Financial Presentation
– Alaska Permanent Capital Management – Presenter: Blake Phillips, CFA
– Newhouse & Vogler – Presenter: Jim Newhouse, CPA, Manager
– State Budget Discussion – Presenter: Mark Hickey, Borough Lobbyist
1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Break
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Community Presentations
– Akutan – Presenter: Joe Bereskin, Mayor
– Cold Bay – Presenter: Dailey Schaack, Mayor
– False Pass – Presenter: Chris Emrich, Administrator/Clerk
3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Break
3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Community Presentations
– King Cove – Presenter: Dave Bash, Council Member
– Nelson Lagoon – Presenter: Samantha McNeley, Bookkeeper
– Sand Point – Presenter: Glen Gardner Jr, Mayor and Tiffany Jackson, Executive Director of the Qagan Tayagungin Tribe
Don’t forget! Most every office including the City, Clinic, TDX and Tribal Offices will be closed for the Thursday and Friday around Thanksgiving!
Please enjoy you time with family and giving thanks for this past year!
Download the audio: 7 MB, MP3
Aleutians East Borough School District
P.O. Box 429, Sand Point, Alaska 99661
Ph. 907-383- 5222 FAX 907-383- 3496
Serving the children in the Alaskan communities of: Akutan, False Pass, King Cove, and Sand Point
Michael Seifert, Superintendent
Aleutians East Borough School District
Special Meeting of the School Board – Tuesday, November 14, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
Regular Meeting will be held at the District Office – Video Conference at all School Sites
Special Meeting Agenda
I. Opening (more…)
Dr. Costa will be in Sand Point for much of November. If you need an appointment call the clinic at 383-3151!
Sand Point Scholarship Fund is raffling a brand new 4 wheeler!! Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at the Sand Point School!