Lt. Governor Byron Mallott said because the legislature didn’t reach a fiscal solution in 2015 and 2016, Alaska is going backwards while the rest of the world is advancing.
Download “In the Loop” for April 6th, 2017 courtesy of the Aleutians East Borough (PDF).
– Highlights from the 2017 Southwest Alaska Municipal Conference
– Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott: Demand a Finalized Fiscal Budget for Alaska
– Legislators Discuss Alaska’s Budget Crisis
– ADF&G Commissioner Sam Cotten Updates SWAMC on Fisheries
– Panel Members Share Perspectives on Threats and Opportunities to the Alaska Seafood Industry
– Founder & Publisher of SeafoodNews.com Presents a Global Perspective on Fisheries
– Rural Justice: New Approaches to Keeping Us Safe
– Opioid Epidemic and Understanding the Disease
– Candace Nielsen Elected to SWAMC Board
– Public Notice – Intent to File an Application with the USDA, Rural Development.
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report March 2017
Sand Point Lady Eagles guard Justina Porcincula (#23) gets ready to pass the ball during game #3 against Tri-Valley.
Download “In The Loop” from Aleutians East Borough from March 31, 2017 (PDF)
– Sand Point Lady Eagles Compete in First State Championship in 20 Years
– King Cove Rookies Put on Big Performance at 1A Basketball State Championships
– T-Jacks Win Three out of Four Games at the 1A State Championship Games
Sand Point Police Chief John Lucking is retiring next month.
Download “In The Loop” from Feb. 28, 2017 (PDF, 1 MB) courtesy of the Aleutians East Borough.
– Sea Lion Attacks Fisherman at Dock in Sand Point
– Sand Point Police Chief John Lucking to Retire
– AEB School District Board President Tiffany Jackson Attends NSBA Symposium and Advocacy Institute
– Paige Kremer Promoted to Consumer Affairs Manager for PenAir
– Steven Rothy Promoted as PenAir’s Customer Service Manager in Cold Bay
– Position Available! Position Title: Borough Administrator
If you have news you’d like to share or if you’d like to subscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laura Tanis at (907) 274-7579.
Delta Airlines sent a second plane at about 2 p.m. on Jan. 14th to transport the passengers to Portland, Oregon. Photo by Rachel D. Kremer.
Download the latest edition of Aleutians East Borough’s “In The Loop” from Jan 24th, 2017 (PDF).
“In The Loop” Back Issues Here:http://www.aleutianseast.org/index.asp?SEC=25D556BD-9F88-42A9-B7B4-A9FDB20ACBFD&Type=B_BASIC
– Cold Bay Residents Pull Together as they Respond to an Emergency Landing by Delta Airlines
– Motivational Storyteller, Leadership & Personal Development Expert Inspires Students Teachers in Sand Point
– SWAMC Economic Summit: A Networking Adventure
– New Employee Joins DOT Team in Cold Bay
The Coast Guard arrives in King Cove to medevac a woman suffering
from breathing difficulties on July 20, 2015.
Download the latest edition of Aleutians East Borough’s In The Loop (PDF, 1.5MB).
Back issues of In The Loop are available here.
– King Cove Optimistic President-elect Donald Trump and Interior Secretary Nominee Ryan Zinke Will Get Community their Life-Saving Road
– Nelson Lagoon Makes Progress on Project to Combat Community’s Long-standing Shoreline Erosion
– King Cove Holds Second Anti-Drug Community Meeting
– Isanotski Corporation’s Larger Store Opens for Business in False Pass
– False Pass Students Master Life-Saving Paramedic Skills
– TelAlaska Accepting Annual Photo Contest Entries
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report December 2016
King Cove Helps with Construction of Elders’ Tower, Installation of Bells at St. Herman Church
Download the latest edition of “In The Loop” here (pdf):
Archives available here:
In this issue:
– Cold Bay Rallies as the Community Responds to Emergency Landing of American Airlines Plane
– Knik Construction Kicks Off Cold Bay Airport Rehabilitation Project
– Akutan Geothermal Project Heats up with Test Production Well
– King Cove Helps with Construction of Elders’ Tower, Installation of Bells at St. Herman Church
– Student Athletes from Sand Point, King Cove Excel in State Cross Country Championships
– Notice of Filing of Legislative Review Annexation Petition by the City of Sand Point
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report
In this issue:
Akutan Geothermal Project to Drill Confirmation Well this Summer
Witnesses Provide Compelling Testimony on King Cove Road Issue during Congressional Hearing
DOE Announces Technical Assistance for Self-Sufficiency, Lower Energy Costs for Rural Alaska Communities
Tiffany Jackson of Sand Point Elected to National School Board Association
City of King Cove Hosts Meeting about How to Stem the Flow of Drugs into the Community
Akutan to Build Duplex this Summer to House VPSO, Health Professionals
False Pass, Sand Point & King Cove Student Athletes Compete in the Native Youth Olympics
Sand Point, King Cove High School Juniors See Washington, D.C. and New York Close Up
City of King Cove Wishes Administrative Manager Bonnie Folz a Fond Farewell as She Retires
City of King Cove Hires Amber Jusefowytsch as Assistant City Administrator
EAT Monthly Update
APICDA Photo Contest
Newest In The Loop is available! Download the PDF to keep up with all the current news of the Aleutians East Borough
Download the PDF HereIn the Loop – Aug. 31, 2015
Stay in the know with all the latest news for the Aleutians East Borough
Download it Here! In the Loop – Aug. 24, 2015