ALEUTIANS EAST BOROUGH – DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY – FINAL AS OF AUGUST 31, 2012:
ASSEMBLY SEAT C:
PAUL R. GRONHOLDT
ASSEMBLY SEAT D:
BRENDA LEE WILSON
SCHOOL BOARD SEAT A:
GLEN GARDNER, JR.
SCHOOL BOARD SEAT F:
After hearing rumors that PenAir’s 135 certification could lapse, resulting in a loss of service to some of the communities within the Aleutians East Borough, the Borough placed a call to PenAir. The airline provided the following statement:
According to PenAir President Danny Seybert, PenAir intends to maintain its 135 certification, but is considering readjusting its schedule with reduced travel to communities such as False Pass, Nelson Lagoon and King Cove because of a decline in passenger service.
“In the Loop” archives are located here.
Download “In the Loop” – newsletter – Feb. 10, 2012 as a PDF.
Headlines from this issue:
– Unusual Winter Weather Descends Upon the Aleutians
– Japanese Tsunami Debris Arrives in Alaska Coastal Communities
– Dreamlifter Diverted to Cold Bay
– Two Borough Students to Attend Alaska Young Fishermen’s Summit
– Help Protect Your Fisheries
– News from Eastern Aleutian Tribes
– Job Opening: Bering Pacific Seafoods, L.L. C.
– Job Announcement for Plant Engineer
– Students: Get Cash for College Alaska State Fair to Award $6,500 in Scholarships
Download & read AEB’s “In the Loop” for Nov. 2, 2011 (PDF)
In this issue of “In the Loop”:
Preliminary Special Election Results – Assembly Seat F
Akutan Harbor Floats Public Workshop – Nov. 3rd at 2 pm
Southwest Alaska Transportation Plan Update
Click to download “In the Loop for Oct. 21, 2011″ (PDF)
– King Cove to Celebrate its 100-Year Anniversary with Dignitaries, Local Residents
– King Cove’s Salmon Cannery Reaches the Century Mark
– House Special Committee on Fisheries Holds Hearing on Salmon Management in the A-Y-K
– Congressional Sea Lion Hearing in Seattle Focuses on Fishing Restrictions
– Aleutia Schedules Meeting in Sand Point, King Cove Focusing on P. Cod LLP Lease Program
– AEB Fishermen’s Meeting in Seattle Scheduled to Meet Nov. 17th at Silver Cloud Hotel