Stream it (HTML5):
Stream it (HTML5):
In this issue:
– Gov. Walker and Lt. Gov. Address NPFMC
– Report on NPFMC April Meeting
– South AK Peninsula Tanner Crab Exploratory Survey
Get the scoop from the Aleutians Borough Here!
Stream it (HTML5):
The AEBSD is having a workshop for policy revision. They are full day meetings on April 12 and 13th
SAT OFFERS TWO SPRING TEST DATES
If you are interested in taking the SAT, there are two spring dates available:
May 6th and June 3rd.
You can register online by establishing a Collegeboard.com account. You may be eligible for a fee waiver as well. Please feel free to contact Jerri Nyberg at Sand Point School if you would like further information.
SENIOR CLASS BAKE SALE!
The Class of 2017 will be holding a bake sale at the AC Store from 11-2 on Sunday, April 9th. This will be the final fundraiser for our seniors, so please come up to the store and support our students. Thank you, from Dantezza, Abe, Josh B, Josh S, Jonathan, Madison, and Michael. Oreos, cakes, pies, easter bread, and more!
NO Boys / Girls Club
On April 11, 12 & 13th. Sorry for the inconvenience. Elizabeth P.
Last Day of School
41 Days Away!
Download “In the Loop” for April 6th, 2017 courtesy of the Aleutians East Borough (PDF).
– Highlights from the 2017 Southwest Alaska Municipal Conference
– Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott: Demand a Finalized Fiscal Budget for Alaska
– Legislators Discuss Alaska’s Budget Crisis
– ADF&G Commissioner Sam Cotten Updates SWAMC on Fisheries
– Panel Members Share Perspectives on Threats and Opportunities to the Alaska Seafood Industry
– Founder & Publisher of SeafoodNews.com Presents a Global Perspective on Fisheries
– Rural Justice: New Approaches to Keeping Us Safe
– Opioid Epidemic and Understanding the Disease
– Candace Nielsen Elected to SWAMC Board
– Public Notice – Intent to File an Application with the USDA, Rural Development.
– Eastern Aleutian Tribes Monthly Report March 2017
Aleutians East Borough School District – Special Meeting of the School Board
Thursday, April 6 th , 2017 @ 12:00 pm
Location: Sand Point, District Office
And by Teleconference
Special Meeting Agenda
A. Call to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum
D. Others in Attendance
E. Approval of Agenda
II. New Business
A. FY18-20 E-Rate
B. Akutan APICDA Proposal
C. False Pass APICDA Trip Request
A. New Hires
INFORMATION X. Board Member Comments
INFORMATION XIV. Adjournment
SAND POINT CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:00 pm
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. Minutes: Minutes of Regular Meeting on March 14, 2017
1. Finance Officer
3. DPS Director
4. Fire Chief
5. Public Works Director
6. Harbor Master
7. Student Representative
HEARINGS, ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS:
1. Mayor’s Proclamation: Sand Point Lady Eagles Day April 14, 2017
1. FY16 Audit Results
2. Alaska USA CD Maturity
THERE IS A WORKSHOP FOR THIS MEETING AT 2 P.M. – SAME DAY IN CITY CHAMBERS
Eastern Aleutian Tribes, Inc. in support of the Community of Sand Point and Sand Point EMS Presents:
Emergency Trauma Technician Training – 45 hour course
Start Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 9:00am
Class Days: Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 am to as late as 6:30pm; April 29, 2017 through May 14, 2017
Test Date: May 14, 2017
Location: Sand Point Clinic, Conference Room
Instructor: Susan Davis, 907-903-0255
Some course topics: Basic Life Support, EMS Systems, Legal and Ethical Issues, Resuscitations Shock, Medical and Trauma Emergencies
The City of Sand Point is updating its Comprehensive Plan 2004 and is asking the community to be part of the process. On April 11 from 3-6PM come to the City Chambers to add your input or ideas.
– Sand Point Lady Eagles Compete in First State Championship in 20 Years
– King Cove Rookies Put on Big Performance at 1A Basketball State Championships
– T-Jacks Win Three out of Four Games at the 1A State Championship Games
TALENT SHOW COMING NEXT FRIDAY!
The Talent Show to be held on Friday, April 7th will feature 10 acts, and an intermission with a plate treat bake sale. There will be a grand finale you don’t want to miss! An evening of fun for only $5.00! Money will be collected at the door. All proceeds will benefit the Class of 2022! See you there! FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH @ 6:30