Posted on: February 12th, 2015 | Author: Bigwave | Filed under: Community Window
NMFS has officially closed the pot cod fishery for the Peninsula area as of today, Thursday February 12th at 12:00 PM.
NMFS Prohibits Directed Fishing for Pacific Cod by Vessels Using Pot Gear in the Western Regulatory Area of the Gulf of Alaska
The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) is prohibiting directed fishing for Pacific cod by vessels using pot gear in the Western Regulatory Area of the Gulf of Alaska (GOA), effective 12 noon, Alaska local time (A.l.t.), February 12, 2015, through 1200 hours, A.l.t., June 10, 2015, according to James W. Balsiger, Administrator, Alaska Region, NMFS.
This action is necessary to prevent exceeding the A season allowance of the 2015 total allowable catch apportioned to vessels using pot gear in the Western Regulatory Area of the GOA and is issued pursuant to 50 CFR 679.20(d)(1)(iii).
After the effective date of this closure the maximum retainable amounts at 50 CFR 679.20(e) and (f) apply at any time during a trip.
This information bulletin only provides notice of a fishery management action. For the purposes of complying with any requirements of this action, you are advised to see the actual text of the action in the Federal Register.
Time/Location: Workshop: 1:30 p.m. Meeting: 3:00 p.m. – By teleconference in each community location below:
King Cove AEB office, Sand Point – AEB office, Nelson Lagoon Corp. office, False Pass city office, Akutan city office, Cold Bay city office – library, AEB Anchorage office (3380 C St)
ASSEMBLY MEETING AGENDA
All communities will be provided with conference calling information for the designated location in your community. Public comments on agenda items will take place immediately after the adoption of the agenda.
Additional public comments can be made at the end of the meeting.
1. Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum.
2. Adoption of the Agenda.
3. Community Roll Call and Public Comment on Agenda Items.
4. Approval of Advisory Appointments.
– January 20, 2015 Minutes
6. Financial Reports
– Financial Reports, January, 2015
– Investment Reports, January, 2015
7. Consent Agenda
– Resolution 15-17, the Assembly supporting the full funding for the State of Alaska Harbor Facility Grant Program in the FY2016 State Capital Budget.
– Resolution 15-18, Assembly supporting the reinstatement of a full $60 Million into the Revenue Sharing Fund on a yearly basis with a one-year appropriation of $8 Million to the fund with an effective date prior to June 30, 2014.
– Resolution 15-19, the Assembly approving the use of force account methods for the economic development administration portion of the Akutan Harbor Floats Improvement Project.
– Introduction Ordinance 15-01, Amending the FY15 Budget.
9. Old Business None
10. New Business
– Discussion on AEB Code Title 2.40 Public Works Department Revisions.
11. Reports and Updates
12. Assembly Comments
13. Public Comments
14. Next Meeting Date and Time
The Qagan Tayagungin Tribe Environmental Department is holding an Earth Day Poster Contest for the 8th Annual Earth Day Fair
All local artists are invited to participate.
2015 Poster Contest Guidelines:
* All entries must be on white letter sized paper (8.5″ x 11″)
* All posters must include the national Earth Day Theme: “It’s Our Turn To Lead”
* All entries must be submitted by 5 PM on Friday, March 6, 2015.