Employment Opportunity- Shumagin Shareholders
Alaska Earth Sciences Inc.
11401 Olive Lane
Anchorage, AK 99515
Phone: (907) 522-4664
ATTENTION SHUMAGIN SHAREHOLDERS:
May 23, 2012
Alaska Earth Sciences is currently recruiting for the position of Core Cutter to work in a remote camp located in the vicinity of Balboa Bay. Duration will be approximately June 6–September 2012 (weather dependent). Starting pay will be $22.50 per hour.
Core Cutter Duties may include:
- Perform daily cutting and sampling of drill core.
- Organize core boxes.
- Prepare samples for shipping and analysis.
- Perform photo documentation of drill core.
- Assist in drill pad construction and demolition/reclamation.
- Assist with general camp duties.
- Enthusiasm and a pro-active attitude.
- Safety awareness and the ability to recognize and report safety concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in challenging situations and remote locations.
- Experience operating core cutting saws is a plus.
- Carpentry experience is desirable.
- Firearms proficiency.
- Ability to carry a 45lb back pack a distance of 2 miles in 45 minutes and the ability t0 lift and carry 50lbs repeatedly throughout the course of the day.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
Shumagin Shareholders are encouraged to apply. Applications are available on the Alaska Earth Sciences website. Resumes and/or applications can be submitted to Alaska Earth Sciences by email or fax. Address to Darla Graham at: email@example.com or fax to (907) 349-3557.