January 3, 2012 KSDP Meeting Minutes
- Call to order
Jim Brown called the meeting to order at 5:36pm on Tuesday, January 03, 2012 at the Sand Point School Library.
- Roll call
Shalene called the roll. The following persons were present:
Board members present: Jim Brown – Director; Luke Meinert – Director; Jack Foster – Director; Marta Varga – Director
The following members were not present: Dan Williams – Director
KSDP staff present: Austin Roof – General Manager; Shalene Chebetnoy-J – Administrative Assistant
- Approval of Agenda
Jack motioned to approve the agenda. Austin asked that the General Manager’s Contract be added underneath new business. Jack asked that Certification of Election be added after Approval of Minutes. Jim Seconded. All in favor. Motion passed.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Jim made motion to approve minutes from last meeting. Jack seconded. All in favor. Motion passed.
- Certification of Election
Jack made motion to accept election ballots as counted. Marta seconded. All in favor. Motion passed.
- General Managers Report
No report at this time.
- Old Business
- Swearing in of Board Members. Dan Williams now present at meeting. All board members signed Oath of Office and Board Member Job Descriptions. All members sworn in. Luke Meinert now President.
- New Business
- Resolution for language change of FY 12 State Grant. Table open for discussion. Austin explained what would be changed. Monies for office reconstruction reallocated to replace tower in King Cove. Jim made motion to approve resolution. Marta seconded. All in favor. Motion passed.
- General Managers Contract. Jim made motion to discuss General Managers Contract. Luke seconded. Open for discussion. Board members would like to put a cap on roll over vacation hours. Jim made motion to amend General Managers Contract language to say; General Manager’s vacation hours rolled over up to 20 days. Luke seconded. All in favor. Motion passed.
- Public Comment & Discussion
- Board members given copy of Bylaws. Board asked if agenda and minutes could be handed out a week in advance before meetings.
- Next Meeting
- Austin would like to meet in February to discuss GM salary and to present KSDP budget. Luke set next meeting for February 21, 2012 at 5:30pm at the Sand Point School Library. All members agreed.
Jim made motion to adjourn meeting at 6:01pm on Tuesday, January 3, 2012. Luke seconded. All in favor. Meeting adjourned.
Minutes submitted by: Shalene Chebetnoy-J, Administrative Assistant
Minutes reviewed by: Austin Roof, General Manager