Job Opening: Public Works Director
Summary of Job: Under the direction of the Mayor, the public works director plans, coordinates and implements all activities of the public works department including street maintenance and snow removal, airport oversight, water and sewer operations, landfill operations, buildings, and other duties as assigned by the mayor.
* Pay – $20.54
* High School Diploma
* Valid Alaska Drivers License and good driving record
* Min of five years of construction exp including either foreman or lead man
* min of five years exp, and proficiency in the safe operation of various pieces of heavy equipment including dozers, dump trucks, backhoes, end loaders, etc.
* Working knowledge of municipal public works departments including man power and equipment
* Oral and written communication skills
* Leaderships skills